Tuesday 11 June 2013

GETTING VISUAL #5 UO

Yesterday I finally got to do some styling and visual merchandising at work, I had volunteered to come in before work and get hands on with some mannequins!
I got to work alongside two of the VMs and was given the task of styling four mannequins and visual merchandising one of the vignettes.
The whole idea surrounding the vignettes is to use similar items of clothing that are stocked in different patterns and colours.
The mannequins had to contain these items and how you could style them, I could mix and match them with anything that was also in the same festival trend.
When I VM I tend to stick to a pattern whether it be colour of just the organisation of an item on each side, keeping it even. This seemed to stick when I was doing the mannequins. - I decided I wanted the cardigan on each end and the two tops in the middle.Around this idea I started to build up the outfits.
After I had finished Jes and Lindsey finished them by adding stuffing to the arms and pinning, Lindsey also added the plaid shirt to the end mannequin and switched over the denim jacket to go underneath the cardigan.
For a first attempt with UO I'm super pleased with the outcome as this trend is full of pattern and quite hard to style without making it look like something from a magic eye!
 
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment